Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"9 to 5 the musical" SURPRISE HIT AT B&B

          Who expected "9 to 5 the musical" to be such a great entertainment at the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre? Not me, I readily admit.  I thought I knew the story, but I was wrong. I was thoroughly engrossed on what was happening on stage,just like the rest of the audience.

          This show was snappy, vibrant and full of energy. It had a completely different feeling than what I expected. This show is different, wonderfully different. The music and lyrics are by Dolly Parton.  The clever book is by Patricia Resnick.. The show is based upon the 20th Century Fox motion picture, but is far more exciting. 

          So many deserve credit for creating such a wonderful atmosphere, In no special order I shall mention the crew. Director Eddie Curry pulled out all stops, leaving no dull spots at all.  Ron Morgan's choreography was interesting and imaginative. The scenic design by Michael Layton was just what this show needed. The lighting design by Ryan Koharchik was brilliant.

          And now to the extremely talented cast headed by three incomparable ladies, Annie Edgerton  as Violet,  Crystal Mosser as Doralee  and Sarah Hund as Judy.  As magnificent as these three were there were two more ladies that deserve huge credit, Joanna Krupnick as Roz the lovesick secretary and Deb Wims as Margaret the drunk. Andrew Lebon played the maniacal boss with relish. He reminded me of the comic John Cleese with his long legs. I would love to see these marvelous six performers in more  Beef & Boards productions. I was really impressed with these enormously talented  people. In this production each one had the opportunity to shine and show off their enormous talent.

         I cannot reiterate enough how unusual and different this show is. It runs through to March 24th. I certainly would strive to see this wonderful entertainment. You will be surprised as much as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment